Monday, January 23, 2017

 

A Sampling of Bungleton Green





I happened to click the wrong button in the Blogger interface today, and what popped up but an unfinished draft of a post that I was working on way back in 2007!!

I don't know what I had in mind at the time, but  please enjoy this sampling of Bungleton Green comic strips from the Chicago Defender. These samples would have run sometime between 1934 and 1938 since they are by the terrific Jay Jackson, who was the third cartoonist to put his hand to this venerable strip.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Allan -- Any idea what the numbers at the bottom of each panel mean?
 
One wonders if it had to do with the "numbers"/"policy" racket.
 
That's exactly what those numbers were for,EOCostello!
 
I think those are for lottery picks!!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]